Friday, November 16, 2007

Funny (but stolen) Comments on Motherhood



A Mother's Resolutions

- I will resist the urge to explain to strangers why my son is wearing winter boots, a bathing suit bottom, and an inside-out and backward pajama top. I will be grateful that he is able to dress himself.

- When I forget to go to the grocery store, I will not boil the macaroni necklaces my children made for me in preschool.

- When I hear one of my children wake in the middle of the night, I will run upstairs to supervise before he relieves himself in the sink and then creeps into the bathtub to return to sleep.



- I will not tell my children that the Play-Doh dried up just because I don't feel like cleaning up after they use it, even though I know it means I'll spend the evening harvesting the colored stuff from the carpet fibers, chair cushions and the dog's fur.

- I will always protect the rights of my children, especially their right to remain silent.

-. I will learn to accept the outbursts and tantrums as a part of life. After all, I promised to love my husband for better or worse.

- When my husband and I go to a restaurant without the kids, I will not roll up his sleeves or move the knives from his reach. I will not accompany him to the bathroom and remind him to wash his hands with soap. If my husband wants dessert at the end of the meal, I will not tell him it depends on his behavior.

Carol Pozos
LaPorte County Contact/County Contact & Special Needs Advisors Program Manager

No comments: