Wednesday, June 17, 2009

This is very Private




This is my first day home from another week in the hospital (which I will blog about AT LENGTH as soon as my blogging strength is up. It is quite the story, trust me.).
I woke up this morning to Ava yelling - "Aidan Where are your PRIVATE PLACES?!!" It took a moment for me to comprehend what she was asking, and not completely sure that Aidan wouldn't just comply to keep her quiet, I shake myself awake to make sure I'm understaning this exchange correctly. Then she yells (like a good tatteling little sister "MOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM Aidan won't show me his PRIVATE PLACES!" I yelled back "Ava! Private places are anything that your bathing suit covers!!" (We're yelling because were several rooms apart) She comes into my room and tells me "But I want to see Aidan's private places and he won't let me!" (I'm gone 6 days and my children have gone to hell in a handbasket. What next? Vodka in the cheerios?) "Ava, only Mommy, Daddy, and the doctors are allowed to look at your private places." I explained. She just stared at me like I was an idiot. Not a far stretch, I'm sure. "But Mommy, how am I supposed to find him when he hides?"


Give a little bit and you'll get it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I must say...you never have a quiet, boring or dull life!!!! Thanks for sharing your adventures... we laughed and are still laughing.
Sure love you all!
Cherie and Jeff

Anonymous said...

I hope all is well with everyone. I was sorry to hear about your visit to the hospital. I hope everything has settled down now and health has returned for all of you.
Love ya lots.
Cherie and Jeff

Liza said...

hahahaha
That was so funny!!
I love your Ava!