Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Crawl on in!

Once again, I'm trying to attach a picture to this. I'm not sure why I keep trying. Probably the same reason my kids keep asking for a horse- just maaaaaybe.

Sorry that today's blog will be a little 'all over the place', but after a long hard day, I just can't seem to get them neatly organized (or get anything neatly organized, for that matter).

- Aidan decided to buy the game, Operation, with his birthday money that grandma sent him yesterday (can you believe he actually made it to 5!? I thought if something else didn't get him, I might have!). So, we took the game out of the box, and I'm noticing that here is a picture of this TOTALLY NAKED man lying on the operating table. Of course, because his belly hangs over, it's still considered modest. Then I realize that it looks a lot like me!! What a horrific thought!! I have turned into the Operation guy! Granted, he's cleavage-less, but, all the same. Which, in turn, got me to wondering how long I can claim 'this is baby fat'. I'm hoping it's sometime into their teens. At least that's how long I'M claiming it for!!

- I'm so glad that my kids don't know any of the "popular music" that their friends do. I just listen to some of the lyrics and cringe. I keep them supplied with plenty of entertaining kids songs (like: Dead Skunk In The Middle of the Road, Pea's Make Me Vomit, and The Stale Cigar Song). As far as they're concerned, 'Oops, I did it again', still refers to the drops on the toilet seat.

- What is that stench that crawls on kids and dies there when they play outside? Our kids were running around at a friends house, and Aidan comes and sits on my lap to rest his head on me. I ask him if he's been playing in the hose, and he replies, 'no.'. That lovely stream of water dripping down my shirt is good 'ole nasty boy sweat. Then I realize that awful smell. I can't imagine why we wouldn't bottle it up somehow to use in germ-warfare. Or just, gross-out warfare. Surely, you could clear an entire city just trying to get away from it. On our way home, we loaded all 3 balls of ick into our van (and 1 sweet smelling baby), and had to keep the air blowing so that none of it settled and accidentally ignited. A few bottle of comet and bleach, and they were as good as new. (Just kidding. SOS pad scrubbers work well, though.)

More crawling into my mind later.

No comments: