Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Into the Sickly Woods


Mia and I had a date last Friday night, and went to the Arts Center in Fort Wayne to watch their theatre production of "Into the Woods". I've seen it several times, and the kids have heard the tape over and over (and over and over). Because we had a BOGO free coupon, we weren't able to get tickets ahead of time, and had to suffer the hands of fate by getting them at the box office. Turns out, the hands of fate were in our favor! Right before we got up to the window, someone cancelled their seats and we ended up four rows back, dead center. It was GREAT! There were quite a few children there, yet during one of the absolute quietest "kissing scenes", mine was the only one to giggle hysterically- and LOUDLY. Ahhh, the joys of youth!

Well, Scott and I are better understanding why they don't call two parents into two presidencies at church. We've been playing "tag teaching" for the last couple of weeks with the kids being sick, but this week both Scott and I were conducting AND teaching. Sure enough, the night before Aidan gets a roaring fever. Scott took Mimi (in her PJs) to church with him for his early morning meeting (she brought her stuff to get ready there), and we stayed home until the last hour. I just laid Aidan on the couch in the foyer- what could I do? It worked out okay, but now we realize that there are several meetings we are both supposed to be in attendance for. AAaarrgghh! The worst part is, I wouldn't want to be released even if I COULD! I love my calling, just need a few extra arms (and legs, and brain cells...the list goes on).

Back to Aidan- turns out he has a roaring case of strep throat, and when I return from his 3 hr long Drs appointment (apparently every kid in Fort Wayne is sick and they all go to OUR DOCTOR) Amelia is laying in our bed, red cheeked and hot as...well, you get the picture. I asked the Doctor if we could just have a long-standing appointment every Monday at 1pm. Chances are, we'd use them, and if not, I'm certain they could find someone to fill our spots. This is the fourth week in a row we've been in his office. You'd think they'd name a wing after us. "The Hepworth Wing for Sick and Confused Children" (I thought "weird" would be too strong of a term - appropriate, but strong). Has quite a ring to it, eh?

Well, back to the pharmacy we call our kitchen. 6 doses of liquid, 5 pills, 4 cups of water, 3 kids, 2 Chocolate bribes, and 1 tube-fed medicine. BLAST-OFF TO CRAZY LAND!!


This is a day only superman can save!

No comments: