Thursday, April 27, 2006

Home and Deranged

Weeeee're baaaaack! So I actually did get my shower in before I left this morning! (Big plus for everyone who had to come in contact with me!) We had a little bit of a slow start, but after finally finding the shuttle parking (which they moved from last month), we were there only 20 min late. Hey, the way I figure it, we've waited for them for at least 4 1/2 months, if you total up all of our wait time for them. They still owe us 4 months, 14 days, 23 hours, and 40 minutes- but, who's counting? Aidan had the surgeon remove his band-aid that we couldn't, and - low and behold- NO INFECTION!! Of course not. It'll wait another three days, so we have to drive all the way down there again.
We took Scott's car- it gets much better gas milage at 80 mph- but, his radio has issues. The main issue being it doesn't work. So....on the way home, with too much time on my hands, I came up with this song (sung to the tune of "Home on the Range)

HOME AND DERANGED

Oh, give me a home
Where Mrs. Brady can be cloned,
Where the kids do their chores everyday.
Where seldom is heard, an argumentative word
And the dinner's prepared everyday.

But, no! I'm home and deranged
Where I babble incoherantly all day!
Where the baby smiles at me,
'Cause a lunatic she sees
And my family thinks I'm a nutcase!

Speaking of babbling incoherently, you can imagine the fun in the car. Perhaps THAT's why my kids are the way they are.

Well, I'd better go prepare something for Scott (Tater tot cassarole, I believe. That probably makes the cooks out there shudder with mouth-watering glee). Tonight I get trained for my new calling in church- 1st Counselor in Young Women!! I'm VERY excited! I'm not sure if it's a blessing or a warning of what's to come with my own girls. We'll see!


Stay tuned...later tonight I will try and give you my top ten thoughts for the day. One of them involves a crunched up superhero.

'Till then!

No comments: