Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Black and White

Today, while playing on the bed with Ava, Kate looks at me and says "Ava sure is a lot darker than us." I explained that, yes, indeed, Ava is much darker than the rest of our fair-skinned brood. "But, she isn't black." she replied. To which I appeared to ponder for a moment (when, in all actuality, I was containing my hysterics). "You know what, you're right! She isn't black." At this point, I almost thought she was joking, or pointing out the obvious or something. But no....she asks "Do you think we'll ever have a black baby?" I told her that probably not, unless we adopted one.

I guess it's time for that whole 'birds and bees' talk.

I wish everyone could see the world in shades of grey, like kids do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI Aunt Tayna! This is Nicole again! umm my e-mail address is smexlymark@aol.com umm whats yours?;) i love you all & enjoy your blog! mom says i blog like you! ok i love you & tell everyone I said hi!!!
love,
xoxoxo
nicole