Saturday, May 08, 2010

"Amazing Grace" Part duex




Since I can't remember where I left off, and I'm too lazy to open another window, open another blog, and check...we'll just jump forward a bit.

We all had tickets to see Tim Hawkins perform that night (absolutely HILARIOUS- check him out on youtube!), and we ended up meeting there about an hour and a half before the show was to begin. Enoch asked if he could go wandering around, and I said that it would be fine. Actually, I had an ulterior motive. Enoch had been dressing fancy, showering each morning, putting on new socks and...other stuff, wearing deoderant...you know. Stuff you always ask and dream of a teen-age boy doing, but never actually SEE done. So, I had plans to go through his bookbag. As soon as he was out of sight, I pillaged away. I took out his notebook and flipped through-nothing, then I started unzipping pockets, and here is what I find: a toothbrush, toothpaste, a comb, deoderant, and there might have been a little bottle of cologne in there. Of course, I knew immediately what was up. As soon as Enoch returned I asked, "What's her name?" He just gave me that goofy "I'm lying" grin and said "What?". I said, "I just looked through your backpack and your 'clean routine' coupled with a backpack full of hygeine potions totally gives you away. What's her name?" "I don't know what you're talking about" he says with the same lying grin on his face. "What's she wearing?" Kate asks. "Yesterday or today?" he immediately responds. Busted. Turns out her name is Grace (thanks to a nosy little sister who went up and asked her), and I will forever thank her for turning my young man onto the sweet-smelling road of proper hygeine.

No comments: