Sunday, May 07, 2006

Dracula lives at our house

Well, beautiful, sweet, lovely Ava got three new teeth today. Yes THREE- 1, 2, 3. Count them. I sure do. If weaning wasn't on the agenda before, it sure is rising to the top now! I was really trying to hold out to make it to the 'official' 12 month mark for nursing, but, hey, I've got higher priorities. For example, making sure I don't have to get prosthetic nipples because she "just couldn't help herself" while nursing.

Today was a WONDERFUL day in church. Mimi got up and bore her testimony in sacrament meeting. It was short and beautiful. If I remember correctly, it went like this- "I'd like to bear my testimony. I know this church is true. I love my family. And......(about a 13 minute pause) I know that everything I'm taught is true. (45 minute pause) I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." Okay, so maybe I exaggerated the pauses a bit, but I'm sure that's what it felt like to her (I know it did to me). Yes, I cried. What mother wouldn't.

We took Aidan back to the hospital yesterday, because he's been having some severe abdominal pain around his bellybutton incision. It's gotten worse over the last few days, so we called his surgeon down in Indy who thought it might be a hernia and advised us to bring him in to the ER. Since we didn't feel like driving down to Indy (go figure), we took him into the local (quack) ER, who thinks his pain is just from some constipation. Funny, they said that about his appendicitis. They did do an x-ray, which they said wasn't very significant, except for the stool. (Again, they said the exact same thing about the x-ray when they missed the appy). At this point, we may just let Aidan self-diagnose. Hey, he couldn't be any worse than the dorks at the hospital. (Do I sound bitter?)

Enoch and Scott were supposed to share some of their marvelous camp out adventures, but it looks like they may not get to it until tomorrow (we'll see). If it doesn't involve Scott's SPAM radio (my 'loving' term for his HAM radio), the priority isn't way up there for either Scott OR Enoch (who would have loved for Scott to haul his giant radio to camp with him).

Until tomorrow..

No comments: