Friday, May 19, 2006

One of these kids is not like the others

Happy Garage Saleing Day! The sun finally peaked out today to let us sale a bit, even though it was a tad chilly. As you can tell by the pictures I forwarded to you, I'm desperately waiting for Ava's hair to grow a bit, but still decided to force it into two antenna. Cuuuueeeeeewwwwwwwwwwt!

When I picked the kids up from school today, a Mom came over to me and told me that Ian would be able to come to Kate's party. I said 'Great!' After they left, I asked Kate if she only invited girls'. She told me that she did, but she also invited Ian. I asked if he was the only boy, and she proudly said "Yep!" "Does Ian know he's the only boy coming?" I then replied. She didn't think so. When I asked her why she didn't invite any of the other boys, she said (matter-of-factly) "He's the only one I like." This should be fun! I decided to give Ian a different goodie-bag then the purse-shaped ones we have.

We got a chance to go to the zoo for just a little while after school (dumb place closes at 5pm). We saw a giraffe up-close and personal! We also saw a daddy goose standing guard in front of his lovely bride and brood that nestled nearby.

I found some babysitting handbooks for Amelia at some yard sales today. Enoch was mad that they were just for her, since he's done some babysitting also. I decided that it would be a FAMILY book, so everyone could learn from it. (Who would've thunk it?)

I also found two pair of shorts at a yard sale that fit Enoch perfectly. Funny thing is, they're a size 6. Poor, skinny, buttless Enoch. I feel the need to share some of my over-abundant abundance. Too bad it doesn't work that way. (I still think that Ava should be sucking the weight right out of me, but that isn't working either). It must be all those darn cucumbers I eat!

No comments: